Security & ComplianceThis page contains our information about our data security and regulatory compliance. We are committed to keeping your data safe and secure, by using best practices to protect our systems.
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Compliance
ISO 27001 is the most widely known information security management standard used by organizations to keep data assets secure. Implementing ISO27001 demonstrates a commitment to information security at every level of our organization. The ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Information Security Management System of our Learning Platform has been certified by BSI under certificate number IS 664562.
- All data between your computer and our systems is encrypted end-to-end with SSL by default.
- All Uploaded assets and backups are also stored and transmitted using encrypted connections.
- We never send your data over the wire “in plain sight or in the clear”
- We also adopt Encryption at rest protocols to further protect your data
PCI DSS Compliance
Faria or any of its subsidiaries do not store credit card information on any of our servers. Instead, we securely transmit information to Stripe, our PCI-compliant payment gateway, which handles your transactions.
Because we must securely handle your sensitive information before passing it to Stripe, we are also PCI Data Security Standard compliant. Our certification can be found here.
Legal & Privacy
Data sent through Faria and any of its subsidiaries sites must respect the laws of the countries where we provide service. Thus, we go out of our way to to follow all data privacy policies of the countries where we do business.
To that end, we host our data securely on servers located in various locations including Canada, China and the EU, and follow all rules associated with PIPEDA, COPPA, EU GDPR and UK DPA2018. Our complete terms of service and privacy policies can be found here.
Faria is compliant with GDPR. For more information about our GDPR-related policies, click here.
Faria’s subsidiaries are compliant with the Chinese Cybersecurity Law, including the Provisions on the Cyber Protection of Children’s Personal Information which can be found here. Chinese schools using our Learning Platform use a .cn domain and their data is hosted within China. We also hold ICP 17051512 and an Information Classified Security Protection Certificate.
We comply with all applicable data protection policies in the countries where we do business, including those of:
- The United Kingdom
- The United States of America
- The European Union
You can find a detailed analysis of some of these policies which you can read here.
Our internal security policies are governed under ISO 27001. Key points include:
- All access to production data is carefully controlled and limited
- Physical access to laptops and servers is monitored and controlled
- Passwords are held to a high standard of security
- All devices that access our systems are scanned for malware and centrally-managed
- All users undergo a required security training on an annual basis
- Our Security Incident Response Team is kept on 24/7 standby and meets weekly to review our security posture
- We remain vigilant for new security threats and monitor major reported breaches and vulnerabilities to understand their potential impact on our operations
Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
We have performed a comprehensive analysis of risks to our business and have a Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan in place. We have warm standbys of our applications and data in backup data centres.
Our entire workforce employs a ‘remote first’ mindset to be able to work anywhere. In the event of a natural disaster or serious network issue, we can quickly resume operations in alternate locations.
If you’d like to discuss further aspects of our security and compliance policies for your own internal records, please contact us for a briefing under NDA.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 866 297 7022