The course covers the following topics:
- Understanding business activity
- People in business
- Operations management
- Financial information and decisions
- External influences on business activity
In each year there is also time for revision and trial examinations.
Activities and assessments
The course includes the following activities: readings and case studies on current topics, quizzes, self-assessments and marked written assignments. Teachers will review and grade assignments during the course. There are also unit discussions to support students with each topic.
The final examination consists of two externally-assessed papers:
- Paper 1—1 hour 30 minutes, 50%, short-answer and data response questions
- Paper 2—1 hour 30 minutes, 50%, questions based on a case study
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed in IGCSE Business Studies, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week to study. It is important that students regularly keep up with the readings and the course activities in a timely manner. And that they contact their Pamoja teacher if they fall behind or need help with assignments.
Benefits to students
Taking IGCSE Business Studies will enable students to:
- develop their understanding of the core themes in business activity
- encounter a range of contexts through case studies
- become experienced in a wide range of technical and social tools
- develop skills like time management, communication and digital literacy
Pilot the Pamoja Online Course for up to four weeks from the day the course commences.
- Cambridge IGCSE Business Studies (0450) syllabus overview and guide
- Hodder Education Student eTextbooks information
- Technology requirements
Hodder Education eTextbook
This course is dependent on student etextbooks provided by Hodder Education and hosted on the Dynamic Learning platform. Please ensure you check the Hodder Dynamic Learning guidance to ensure your systems are able to access this service. This service is provided as part of the Pamoja course fee - find out more.