Spanish B SL
The course covers the following topics:
- Courses Overview
- Oportunidades de educación
- La ecología en manos de todos
- Los media de comunicación
- El impacto de la inmigración
- La importancia de las tradiciones
- Problemas ambientales
- La realidad de la inmigración
- Cultura y medios de comunicación
- Infancias robadas
- Arte hispano
- El estrés y el deporte
- La vendimia en países hispanos
- Creencias y tradiciones culturales
- Proyectos de acción social
- La ciudad de la Habana
- Preparación y revisión
What is different in taking Spanish B SL online?
Students will have the opportunity to:
- access authentic materials in a variety of media
- study alongside students from around the world
- gain experience of using the latest online learning tools
- regularly communicate with teachers and fellow students
- take part in interactive and engaging lessons that allow them to learn, review and practise easily
- practise essential 21st century skills such as digital literacy, collaboration and self-organisation
- take part in a course designed by some of the best IB Spanish teachers in the world
- learn at their own pace and in a location of their choice
Some things won’t be different though. Standards and expectations will be just as high as in a face to face classroom.
Activities and assessment
The emphasis is on learning actively together. Activities include live and asynchronous online discussions, creating presentations, learning from videos and interactive exercises. The course also provides more traditional activities such as reading comprehension, essay writing and oral practice to prepare students for the exams.
Assessment will be both formative and summative in accordance with IB criteria.
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed in Spanish B SL, we recommend students set aside five to six hours a week.
Benefits to students
Taking Spanish B SL online will enable students to:
- take part on a course designed by some of the best IB Spanish teachers in the world
- be supported by highly experienced IB teachers
- communicate clearly, effectively and fluently in Spanish
- understand and appreciate different perspectives of people from Spain and Latin America.
- greatly expand their possibilities for work, entertainment and travel in an increasingly important part of the world
- be creatively and intellectually stimulated
Per 2-year course
Per 2-year course
Pilot the Pamoja Online Course for up to four weeks from the day the course commences.
- Key IA dates for the November 2021 IB DP exam session
- Key IA dates for the May 2021 IB DP exam session
- Technology requirements
Hodder Education eTextbook
This course is dependent on student etextbooks provided by Hodder Education and hosted on the Dynamic Learning platform. Please ensure you check the Hodder Dynamic Learning guidance to ensure your systems are able to access this service. This service is provided as part of the Pamoja course fee - find out more.