Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches SL
What is different in taking Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches SL online?
Students will have the opportunity to:
- learn at their own pace and in a location of their choice
- develop their organisational skills
- study alongside students from around the world
- gain experience of using the latest online learning tools
Some things won’t be different though. Standards and expectations will be just as high as in a face to face classroom.
Topics covered through the course
The five topics below are covered during the SL course – each of these topics has sub-topics.
- Number and Algebra
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Probability and Statistics
In addition to this the course contains investigative and inquiry-based learning, supporting the students in their internally assessed exploration task.
There is some content that is common with the Mathematics: Applications and Interpretations course but the Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches has a greater emphasis on calculus, numerical and algebraic approaches.
Activities and assessment
Teacher and students have regular weekly opportunities to assess progress and attainment. Some activities assess student achievement against formal criteria, such as worksheets, problem sets or quizzes. Learning is also supported with discussion forums, journals, email, and regular live lessons in the online classroom.
Advice from our teachers
In order to succeed, it is recommended students set aside five to six hours a week.
A Graphical Display calculator is required for this course. Pamoja recommends the following two calculators:
Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE
Texas Instruments TI-Nspire (a non CAS version)
Benefits to students
Taking Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches SL online will enable students to:
- be supported by highly experienced IB teachers
- develop independence in learning and time-management
- develop their ability to work in a connected world
- become experienced in a wide range of online learning tools
- better cope with online learning demands in higher education
Per 2-year course
Per 2-year course
Pilot the Pamoja Online Course for up to four weeks from the day the course commences.
Hodder Education eTextbook
This course is dependent on student etextbooks provided by Hodder Education and hosted on the Dynamic Learning platform. Please ensure you check the Hodder Dynamic Learning guidance to ensure your systems are able to access this service. This service is provided as part of the Pamoja course fee - find out more.